Lower Telephone Service Rates Available For Low-Income Customers You May Qualify for Lifeline 135
Palmerton Telephone offers a program to help our low income residential customers keep their telephone service. This Federal program is called Lifeline 135 Service. If you are a low-income residential customer you may qualify. Lifeline 135 gives a monthly credit off your basic service telephone bill. Here’s How to Qualify for Lifeline 135 Service: You can get Lifeline 135 if: No one claims you as a dependent on their Federal Income Tax, unless you are 60 or older and you are in one of these programs:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) – (f/k/a Food Stamps)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- National School Free Lunch Program
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Your yearly household income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Here’s how to apply for this program: You can apply for Lifeline 135 by calling Palmerton Telephone Business Office at (610) 826-6650, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.